Celebrate Valentine’s Day Near Lake Merritt
Those of us living in Oakland apartments know how many incredible activities are nearby. But when it comes to finding something romantic to do with that special someone, it’s easy to feel stumped, especially after a year with limited activities. Here are a rundown of great choices near Lake Merritt to celebrate the lovers’ holiday this year.
5 Things to Do Near Lake Merritt for Valentine’s Day
- Get Sweet: Coracao Confections offers vegan, organic and cane-free chocolates that don’t give up anything in taste. Stop in before the day to pick out a Valentine’s Day gift or go together to pick out a treat.
- Picnic by the Lake: Lake Merritt provides the perfect spot to while away an afternoon, picnicking on the grass while enjoying the sweeping views from downtown to Eastlake.
- Have a Romantic Dinner on the Lake: The Lake Chalet is the perfect place for fun and romance, directly on Lake Merritt. Right now they are offering take-out and delivery, including a bottled cocktail service.
- Virtual Cupid’s Run: There’s nothing more romantic than contributing to a good cause. The San Francisco Bay Area allows you to do just that on February 13th with their Cupid’s Undie Run, gone virtual this year. It all goes towards raising money for research to end neurofibromatosis, a rare genetic disorder that causes tumors to grow on nerves throughout the body.
- Visit One of Oakland’s Many Fine Restaurants: Oakland apartments have the advantage of being in the midst of world class dining. From Kincaid’s offering classic steakhouse fare to the Michelin-starred Commis, which is offering a special take-home experience for Valentine’s Day.
With so much to do, there’s no better place to call home than Lake Merritt. And when searching for Oakland apartments, Alexan Webster makes an ideal choice. In addition to a great location, offering unparalleled vintage shopping, world class restaurants, galleries and nightlife, Alexan Webster offers a sky deck with a 75″ outdoor screen for movie viewing and draw dropping views of the city, a hotel style pool and spa, clubroom and much more. Schedule a tour at our website virtually, in-person or self-guided.